Addressing a Concern
Program of Study
Code of Conduct
Parking applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now available to be completed online as follows:
- STEM Academy Senior Class may apply Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
- The application will open for the Junior Class has not yet opened. As soon as information is available, both students and parents will receive an email with information. (Applications for the junior class will not be considered at this time.)
- The application must be completed by the student, using their DASD student email account.
Applications will be processed in the order received. Once applications are verified and approved, the $50 fee will be added to your Payschools account and your family will receive a notification to complete the payment. (Please note: this can take up to 7 days to process.) Information about parking permit pick up will be provided at a later date.
Below are a few key items to remember when purchasing a parking permit:
- The cost for a parking permit is $50 and must be paid via your PaySchools account. Payments must be made prior to permit pick up. Payments are non-refundable and permits cannot be transferred to another student.
- Seniors must have cleared all outstanding obligations and have a copy of their 11th grade physical on file with the Nurse.
- Students must also bring the following items for verification at the time of permit pickup: valid Driver's License, current Auto Insurance Card, current Vehicle Registration. (Permits will not be issued without verification of the above required documents.)
- There are a limited number of spaces available. Student parking spaces are outlined in WHITE (for the WEST and Kottmeyer lots) and YELLOW (for the new Band lot), and all staff spaces are outlined in YELLOW (Please see our Parking Map below).
Additional student parking is available at the Downingtown Young Whippets (DYW) lot, via Wallace Ave. Valid parking permits are required to park anywhere on campus and in the DYW lot. Those that do not have a valid parking permit will not be allowed to park on campus and will run the risk of a parking ticket or possibly being towed. The DYW lot is located on Water Plant Way and is not directly accessible by car from campus. It can only be accessed from Wallace Avenue (See Figure 1). You may walk through campus to access the lot (see Figure 2). Students may only park on the graveled areas at the DYW lot. Please do not park in the grassy areas as you will risk being ticketed or towed. Students are not permitted to park off campus at the baseball fields located on Manor Avenue, at St. Martha’s Villa, or at the local Royal Farms.
Each Student is limited to registering one vehicle only.
- A $25.00 parking ticket may be issued for any violations, including parking on the property without a designated permit.
Temporary parking passes are only issued for a second vehicle in an emergency situation to students who currently possess a perking permit. A temporary parking permit can be obtained in the main office. Please see Ms. Sokso.
Permits must be displayed on the rear window, facing out. You may not transfer your permit to another vehicle. If a new vehicle is purchased during the year, the old permit must be returned in order to receive a new permit.
All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work. Students, who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers.
Please bring a completed copy of the Work Permit Application to the STEM Counseling Office with an original document showing proof of age, such as one of the items listed below. Students must be present to sign the work permit in the presence of the Issuing Officer prior to providing a copy to their employer.
Please note, in the space noted School District - name and address, the following information should be added:
DASD STEM Academy
335 Manor Ave.
Downingtown, PA 19335
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Driver’s license
- Learner’s permit
NOTE: Work Permits during the school year are only available during the hours of 7:15 am - 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. During the summer, Work Permits are only issued during the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.